Monday, May 19, 2008

First check-in

Despite what the scales say, I'm apparently in great shape.

I went to the doctor late last week for a pre-prenatal checkup. I asked a ton of questions, including what the doctor thought would be a healthy weight for me to set as a goal before trying to get pregnant.

Yes, I may be 30 pounds heavier than my "ideal" weight, but everything else is just peachy. My blood pressure is great (114/68). I had my cholesterol checked last year and it's great, too. I'll find out how my glucose, potassium and sodium levels are in June when my lab work comes back.

The iVillage Web site is a great tool to help me on my way. Because it's daily nutrition plans are just suggestions, what actually makes it to the food journal is very flexible. I actually eat a lot - it's just more fruit and veggies and less breads and junk.

I'm down two pounds in a week, and I'm 18 pounds away from my goal (which would put me at a BMI healthy by most standards for babies).

No comments: