Monday, June 16, 2008

Vegas gluttony

I was superhuman last weekend.

I ate more than I ever thought I could. Las Vegas buffets brought out a glutton in me that hasn't been seen since I was introduced to Pizza Inn as a child.

The buffet served Asian food, Mexican food, breakfast-for-dinner food, pizza, fruits, desserts - everything my big-eyed, small-stomach could imagine. We also went to a ritzy restaurant, and I just had to have pizza, hot dogs, popcorn and deep-fried Oreos from street vendors. Oh - and free cocktails.

On the plane back from our weekend adventure, I was sure I had put on 10 pounds. I rationalized it - told myself we'd get back on the wagon as soon as we were home. I told myself that you can't be on a diet in Vegas.

Getting on the scale was tough, but I had to do it. I gained 5 pounds. Not bad!

I checked again the next day: I lost 2 pounds. The next day: the last 3 pounds.

Brad was confused. He lost weight, too. We figured the long days of walking the Las Vegas strip must have helped us keep the sticky pounds down.

We're staying on the wagon. The big family vacation is in two weeks and we are in the zone.

I'm back to the food diary, and I'm working out in the mornings before work (before I have excuses to just go home and crash). Brad pledged to go to the gym for six consecutive days this week to make up for all the bad behavior.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

SAJID - BAIG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Boot Camp Sydney


Articles are created to express different body of knowledge. That is why I admire writers who are passionate of doing such incredible job. I salute you guys. By the way, I like your post; I look forward for your subsequent post’s…